Friday, April 26, 2019

Hi all...

Hello, its been a long while since I made a post on here... in fact, with everything that has gone on in the last several weeks, I sorta forgot that I had this blog.  Its a good thing I checked.   I will try to do better.   For those that may not have known, and for those that already know this will be a rerun.   In February, we lost our mother due to a stroke.  Its been a painful journey to see her pass on,...but in the midst of my grief... I also hold on to joy, from the Lord above.   Without this joy... I wouldn't be able to function very well.   In March, we lost my last surviving Aunt.  She had been ill for a long time and has spent her final days, since December in a nursing home.   She and my mother were not only sisters but good friends.  It was evident in the way they would carry on conversations, almost on a weekly basis.   When my aunt heard of her sister's passing she was quite upset, and wanted to be with her.   Well... as I said before... Joy from the Father above has been my Strength.     In the days ahead, as I get more things gathered together, I will be working on a lovely scrapbook to honor my mother and father.   I have inherited all the original photos, from the 1920's - to current time.   I am very honored to know that my parents loved and cared for us so much.  My two brothers and I.   We will not soon forget.  ♥♥  We love you both and Miss you very much. ♥♥  

♥♥♥♥♥♥♥
Somehow I have managed to write this out without grabbing a tissue.   Now, I will give another update, along with the photos, I have also inherited lots of furniture from my mother's home.  I have always loved her taste in furnishings down to the pictures she hung on the walls.. which by the way, my brother said to me the other day, "It's evident that mom didn't want those pictures to come off the wall".. I said, "oh"  "yeah, she used some sort of sticky green stuff that is really hard to remove, and I have had to use a putty  knife to get it off". Well, I know what he was referring to...its the green stuff used to hold down flowers, like the silk and plastic kind.  Floral clay.  Its sticky.  And since he is the one to handle all of mom's final wishes... he has that wonderful chore.  *smile* 

Along with all the furniture, we have my mother's car.  Its a 2004 Buick, and it still runs like a champ.   The Lord has blessed us with more than I could ever ask for.. I had been praying for a car over the years.  I wanted a car with low miles, this one had about 37,000 miles with just a little more... I wasn't sure of the exact amount.  And this one has a newer battery, new tires, came with a full gas tank.  And get this... my husband loves it!  I truly gave that car a good run the other day taking it down a long country road... felt like I was going a million miles an hour, probably cause it sits lower than our SUV, and I kept telling hubby, it felt like my butt was skidding down the road.   Which he replied with a hearty laugh!   I tried to get used to looking over a long hood, and all around the outside...still found it hard to judge distance between the car and everything around it.   So, hubby said today, that he loves it so much that he wants to drive it over the SUV.  Okay, finally I have a car for myself.  Whew.   Sitting up higher is just for me... so that will work out fine.    I'm glad he is happy.  lol  I thought I was praying for a car for me, turns out its for him.  An interesting answer to prayer.  ♥

I kinda hate to end this bitter, yet joyful post.  But I really need to... didn't need any tissues... which is amazing to me.   Oh, I have my times of weeping...  but just not now.

Okay... I hope this serves as a good update... and I will truly give some love to this blog.  Speaking of love, would you all mind giving me some comments to read, just to let me know you've sat down to read this post?   Maybe one day I'll share a photo of my mom and dad.  

Have a lovely day today... and I will post again.  

With a grateful heart, Mary ♥







2 comments:

(AJ) ArtJypsy said...

Hey Mary.. What a year you have had. Big hugs going out to you... Looks like a lot of good came out of all this sadness. I am glad to hear that your prayer was answered and that you got a car. Praying and hoping that the rest of the year is better for you...

Mary said...

Thank you for your comment, ArtJypsy.