Friday, November 2, 2018

Myrtle's Zyrtles

Okay, who does not love a good sweet -tooth kind of treat.   If it has chocolate - I'm there!   Well, this little snack will please anyone looking for something quick and easy to make.  

To make Myrtle's Zyrtles  you will need an 8x8 pan, buttered.

Ingredients:  1 Cup graham cracker crumbs
1 Cup chocolate chips
1 Cup grated coconut
1 Cup chopped nuts
1 Cup condensed milk & butter

Layer all of the ingredients starting with the crumbs.   Pour milk over all.   Bake at 350 degrees.  For 20 minutes.   Or until golden brown.  

♥ ♥ ♥
This recipe is from February 1995.   Where I found the recipe... is beyond me.   However, when I made this, I remember omitting the coconut.   It does not say, what kind of nuts to use, I would imagine walnuts, or possibly almonds.    This recipe would be good for the holidays.   

Enjoy!   If you like our blog, please leave a comment.   Thank you. ♥

♥ Mary ♥

2 comments:

DonnaMundinger said...

We've made these since I was a kid. We called them 7 layer bars, though. The graham cracker crumbs were combined with the butter and pressed on the bottom to form a crust, flaked coconut and we had an extra layer with butterscotch chips, too. We used pecans. Yummy! xxD

Mary said...

What a neat memory, Donna. Thanks for leaving me a comment!