Monday, November 5, 2018

Snap, Crackle..

Hello!     Thought I would start off by welcoming in our new followers!   Thank you so much for coming and subscribing to this blog.  ♥ ♥      I will try my best to keep this blog updated.  ;)   That is, if we can keep our Internet going long enough... we've changed out the gateway or modem (whatever its called) just recently.    Thinking this would help with the speed of the Internet, but it hasn't changed.   I guess we'll be making a call to our provider.     Enough about that.   👀     
Enough about the trials of the day, grab your favorite beverage and curl up by the fire.   Oh, hope you don't mind a re-run of Home Improvement.  
If you're really chilly, scoot up closer. :)

Now that you're nice and warm, let's get together a recipe.  Well, I don't exactly have a recipe, just follow along and you'll see what I'm talking about. ♥

Chicken - Veggie - Rice Dish

I usually use instant rice, for this recipe, but all I had on hand was the long grain white rice.  Works just the same, just requires a longer cooking time.   
I used:  1 Cup of rice, and 2 Cups of water
add to a 12 inch pan,
let it come to a boil, then simmer.
Next, set out your favorite frozen veggie, we happen to like peas & carrots.   And a can of cream of chicken soup.  You could use mushroom if you wish.


While your rice is simmering, take the bag of veggies and microwave for 7 minutes on high.
Here are some spices I add to my recipe.
Go ahead and add this in to the rice.


I don't use exact measurements, just a pinch, dash, & shake. ;)
It's really to your taste.  Also, add in a pinch of salt, a bit of black pepper, and a tad of onion powder.   (you may use real onion, its just up to you). ♥

Those veggies should be ready, just add it in to the rice.

Let's not forget to add in the soup.  Can't forget that. ;)



As the rice cooks, you'll notice that more water will be needed.  Again, I don't have an exact measurement,  I just eyeball it.   If the mixture looks like its too thick or sticking to the pan,  then add in more water.   Just don't add too much.
Let this simmer for a little while, until the mixture cooks down.

I crisped up some bacon adding it to the rice mixture.


Got to have a little bacon.  Yummy!



I baked up some whompin' biscuits.  Buttermilk.  ♥

Baked on my Pampered Chef stone.   I have had this baking stone since the early 2000's.
It's lovely with its brown edges. 

Well, that's about it for now.   Thank you for coming by to visit, be sure to leave a comment. And I'll see you again. ♥

♥ Mary ♥





No comments: